Tuesday, December 21, 2004

White Elephant Gift Exchange: Something America could do without

Whoever came up with the idea of white elephant gift exchanges has a special place in my personal infamy. Think about it, have you ever recieved anything good at a WEGE?

I useually end up with some old magazines, or an old board game, or a cheap photo album. In short, junk. And why should I be surprised?

Let's review the concept of a WEGE.
  • As Americans we have a lot of junk (mostly from previous WEGEs)
  • Junk that needs to be taken to the dump
  • Instead of paying the cash to dump it some ic guy decided to host a party where the junk is shoved off on to some other unfortunate soul
  • The cycle is perpetuated when the new owner of the junk brings it to another WEGE
  • This is fun
Let's ban WEGEs forever and start taking responsibility for our junk. Ethier that or I start bringing my old socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home