Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Dark Tower is quite amazing



I just finished Wizard and Glass by Steven King the night before last at 1:00AM. I can't remember the last time I doomed myself to red eyes and coffee dependance for a book. But Wizard and Glass was that good. It demanded to be finished. Sleep had to wait.

My amazement over The Dark Tower series is growing as I finish each chapter. Steven King has created a vast universe full of charachters that are rich and heartbreaking. With each chapter he makes you feel the draw of The Dark Tower more and more until you'd volunteer to join Roland on his quest if he showed up on your doorstep.

Also growing with each chapter is my frustration. King is a great writer with a slightly perverse side. As the person who reccomended the series to me said, "Just don't think of me while you're reading some scenes." Now that my dear mother is going to start the series I can't help but feel the same way. "Hey Mom, what did you think of the rapist demon?" Hmm... Yeah...

I wish I could reccomend this series to everyone but... um... Just don't think of me while you're reading some scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home