Monday, January 24, 2005

Finished The Song Of Susannah



Pretty good. Slow at first but things really picked up at the end. The Dixie Pig was amazingly, perfectly evil and disgusting. King certainly knows how to write bogeymen (duh).

I loved Callahan's vindication of faith in the moment where he confronts Black 13. Beautiful.

One thing though, could someone tell King to stop infusing every sentence

(say amen! thankya)

with some little phrase in parentheses. Does he think this is cute? If I read come, commalla one more time I think I'm going to scream.

Anyway, one more turn round the bend before the clearing at the end of the path. Here's hoping it's a dozy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Hahaha! Levi, you loser! You would have something bad to say about the greatest series since the Lord of the Rings! I spit wildly from the tip of my tongue and make obscene noises at you! I like that he puts those little phrases in there. It reminds me that I am part of the inner circle. I know all the phrases and their origins. I truly adore come, comalla.
Anyhoo, have fun with...whoa! Wait a second! You said you just finished The Wolves of Calla and now you're already done with Song of Susannah?! No! We didn't even get to talk about it!
Ah well.
Enjoy Dark Tower and may I be the first one to hear your thoughts as you go through the "rough" parts? Feel free to call me if you need...well, I won't give anything away. Just call should you need me.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

You know Sadie, I still think it's a great series (say thankya?). Even Tolkien could've used a little editing, in my opinon. (Sorry, Rosayln. Now I'm .)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Okay. You have to know I was kidding with how much I think you're lame. You're not lame. I just wanted you to know that I take critical remarks against anything about this story, very seriously ! I'll allow you to though, because you're a writer and a good one at that. *flattery alert*
However...I still stand by my word. I liked feeling like I was part of the 'in' crowd.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home