Friday, January 14, 2005

So I finished The Wolves Of Calla...

and things have certainly taken a turn for the strange.

The connections between Roland's world and ours have been mysterious and I can't wait to figure out what's going on. But I still did a double take at the end when The Wolves start throwing "Harry Potter Snitches" and use weapons that look exactly like lightsabers. And the final revelation... Steven King, what the heck? I can't wait to figure out what's going on.

One thing about TWOC is I really appreciated King's ability to write an actual Christian character (Callahan) without resulting to the standard cliches. I loved the flashback to where Callahan's father caught him with the Pl@yboy (misspelled on purpose) magazine. Many authors would've used that moment to reveal that Christian's are really hypocrites by having Callahan's father beat him for reading the magazine or revealing that he also was a reader of said magazine. But instead King told how Callahan and his father simply ended up praying at the foot of the bed, after a few gentle words.

Great book. I'm looking forward to The Song of Suzannah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home