Wednesday, February 02, 2005

King Arthur: Most Over-Used Legend Ever!

While I browsed through the Amazon bookstore, I was astounded at the number of books based on the Arthur Legend. I started to think of all the books I've read that incorporated Arthur into their story and it got weird. Than it hit me that the book I'm writing incorporates Arthur into the plot. Ugh.

Here's a smattering of the books I found:

  • Grail Prince and Queen of Camelot by Nancy Makenzie
  • King Arthur by Frank Thompson
  • King Arthur: Dark Age Warrior and Mythic Hero by JOHN MATTHEWS
  • The Young Merlin Trilogy by Jane Yolen
  • The 5-book Pendragon Series by D. J. Machale
  • The 5-book Pendragon Cycle by Steven Lawhead
  • Avalon: Quest for Magic - the 5-book series by Rachel Roberts
  • Avalon: Web Of Magic - the 5-book series by Rachel Roberts
  • The Mists of Avalon - a 5-book series by Marion Zimmer Bradley
  • Lost Years of Merlin - a 5-book series by T. A. Barron
  • Excalibur: A Novel of Arthur (The Warlord Chronicles: III) by Bernard Cornwell
  • The Young Merlin Trilogy by Jane Yolen

I could go on for quite a while...

Ladies and gentlemen, we need a new legend!

Oh by the way, I had this great, totally original, idea for a series. I'm thinking of calling it: Really young Arthur and teenage Merlin: Quest for the magic mists of Avalon. (Book 1 in the Pendagorn Chronicles)

I don't know... maybe it's too radical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home