Friday, February 11, 2005

Hey, Scientists, aren't you supposed to be curing cancer or something?

Scientists Zero In on True Color of the Sea

This headline made me laugh. Who knew that this was actually a subject of scientific research?

The funniest thing about this story is that they actually haven't found the true color yet. They're just "zeroing in".

I quote,

"We haven't made it to Oz yet," Behrenfeld said, who recently left NASA. "But today we are announcing we have found the Yellow Brick Road."

Yeah, let us know when you get to Oz. Until then...

Actually maybe this is good. The way scientists are hastening in the end of humanity, what with their genetic engineering, cloning, etc. - maybe we need to distract them with silly projects like this. Hey, scientists, when you finally figure out the sea's color, could you check the sky out too?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the same article. I saw it and thought to myself " wow, I always thought that the sea color wasn't that important." I read it cuz the headline made it sound really important that they know what the true color of the sea is. And after all the hype I felt really let down . It really doesn't even matter if they do find out the color of the sea. What a let down.
-roz

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home