Friday, March 11, 2005

But is life really so good in a Maitta Chevy?

I was driving along today, listening to the radio, when a commercial for a local car dealership came on. It started with the usual car commercial jargon ("And this weekend only, we have everything marked down twenty percent off sticker price"...) and ended with a jingle I've heard countless times: "Ohhh, life's so good in a Maitta Chevy!" But for some reason the actual implications of that jingle got me thinking...

First, the jingle implies that if you are driving a Maitta Chevy your life will be good or even "so good". This strikes me a fairly bold claim. Do people driving Maitta Chevys never cry? Are they all attractive and healthy? Are they satisfied with their jobs? Or more-likely their good life is limited to only when they are physically in the Maitta Chevy; if that's the case then you'd think they'd never want to leave the car. Are the Maitta Chevy customers secretly addicted to the good life in their car? Do they drag themselves with bitter tears from the glorious reality behind the steering wheel into the doldrums of the not-so-good life?

You'd also Maitta Chevy would push this fact to #1 in their advertising - not just tack the fact on at the end. After all, who cares if the cars are 10% off sticker price when you can attain the good life by simply being in one! I'd pay a few extra bucks for that.

Does anyone reading this own a Maitta Chevy? If so would it be okay if I sat it in for a while. My life's been a little drab lately and I'd love a taste of the "so good".

You know who I am: The guy with curly hair, sitting forlorn, behind the steering wheel of a Pioneer Motors Toyota.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Levi,
It's Maitta no Madia

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOps.. I mean Maitta NOT Maida

10:43 AM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

Ahh Joe, that killer spelling eye got me.

Fixed now.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Hey Levi, great share between songs on Sunday. I can't tell you how many times I've been in bed, unable to sleep and thinking about overwhelming amounts of "things to do"...I'm going to remember your encouragement and try to dwell on Jesus until I fall asleep. Thanks for sharing that with us.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me laugh!
-roz

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home