Monday, March 21, 2005

Desperado...



I know this is old news, but for some reason I got to thinking about Linda Ronstadt's insistence on dedicating the song Desperado to Michael Moore. I would just like to ask my few (but very good-looking) readers, did you ever picture an overweight, scruffy, left-wing, documentary filmmaker when you heard that song? Anyone?

It just strikes me as an odd association.

Also, did Linda even listen to the words before she dedicated it to Mr. Moore? I mean, the first line goes: "Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?" I think the Republicans are asking the same thing.

Then the line: "Your pain and your hunger are driving you on." That's got to hurt for Mr. Moore. We all know he has a weight problem, does she really have to taunt him about it?

Linda, sometimes you puzzle me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

What better way to get your (slightly old) name back in the limelight? Linda Ronstadt was like a household name in the late 70's early 80's. I remember because my grandparent's resturant used to play her Mas Canciones album over and OVER again! I think it's sad that she feels she has to resort to a "publicity stunt" to get people to be like, "Oh yeah! Her!"
Poor Linda. She should go back to singing in Spanish with Kermit the Frog like I fondly remember instead of singing tributes to toads. :>(

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ( for real )

9:32 PM  
Blogger Udarnik said...

I think it's weird that, while most folks mellow and become more tolerant as they grow older, Frau Ronstadt and Herr Keillor have gotten crankier and more bigoted.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home