Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A sad farewell...

Greetings, friends. I have long feared this day would come. I had hoped that my new job might afford me more time but after working until 2:00 AM, followed by another night where I was working until 10:00 - I'm beginning to realize that I was wrong.

I've never wanted to have a blog where updates suddenly cease leaving readers wondering if the author got eaten by wild dogs. Not only do I enjoy writing but I also enjoy replying to all your posts, which too takes time. It's very sad for me to say but I am going to have to end this blog as I cannot give it the care it deserves.


Levi looks to the future.

I am going to continue blogging in 2 forms: First, I am going to develop my business blog, and write posts that are far more boring than ever. Second, I plan to start a music/movie review blog with Sadie in the future but only when I have the time to actually design the thing. I don't know if either will interest you but I hope you stop by - if only to say hi.


We've had some laughs, haven't we...

Bo, carry the torch, brother. I'm sorry that I was not strong enough to stay the course.

Sadie, it's been fun, cousin. I hope that our blogging paths may meet again in the future.

Zombieslayer, you were a late and very welcome addition to our blogging family. I will be sure to stop by your anti-zombie compound when I have free time.

I wish to thank, Joe, Mom, Roz, Claire, Walker, Simon, Amber, Zach, Aunt Melanie, David Floyd, Natalie, Ben Ross, Bizarro Christopher Paolini and everyone who stopped by to offer their opinion. God bless you.

Let me leave you with this very special message, which you can print out and hang on your wall if you want:


May your arrows be sharp, feet be fleet, and daggers sharp too.

12 Comments:

Blogger Udarnik said...

Levi... this is too weird... It's Thanksgiving and I came to see if your're still publishing... it sounds as if we've arrived at the same decision at precisely the same time...

You know, I've always had enough time and could never understand others running out of time... sure, it's been a challenge, something of an enemy, but I've rarely been so harrassed and intimidated by the clock. Is it because I'm older and less energetic? Have I taken on too much? All I know is that I don't write essays and I don't write short quips... I write "blog entries" which are lukewarm and should be spewed out (Revelation 3:16).

Anyway, I'm aiming at WordPress and focusing on other things. I may "carry the torch," but if I do it will be a much less serious, more sarcastic and increasingly cynical torch. We'll see.

Now, about the photo... do you have that in a high resolution, lossless format which could be printed out in, say, 3' X 4'? Is it copyrighted?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

What the heck? Am I destined to be the last standing Blogling? How sad and yet, bittersweet. I love you Levi! We are kindred spirits. I am confident that we will merge and become a heavyweight in the field of reviewing our favorite pastimes and hobbies. I have so many reviews I wanna do.
By the way, I'm totally printing that picture out and hanging it on my wall...
Come see for yourself?! What's a good night for you and Suzanne to party?

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooo......I will miss seeing your face in highlights, those proud moments I had sitting before my computer, knowingly shaking my head and smiling.
Rosalyn, your dear sister, and I were discussing how dreadfully we'll miss your blog, when she said, "Well, I guess we can talk to him in person, since we see him almost everyday." This is true, I know, but you just seem so much more, oh, celebrity-ish on line. But, any conversation with you, dear Son, is a treat, in cyber-space, or person.
The pictures, ew, how deliciously dorky they are. The laughing one is my favorite.
Goodbye, thanks for almost a year of day brighteners.
PS You forgot to mention your sister-in-law, Rebecca, in your thank you speech, she won't like that.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you read my mind michele. :)

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I too sensed this day was soon coming, I must still reply with a sad and hollow, "Noooooooooo!" I will miss your blogs Levi. Rarely does anything in print make me laugh aloud, but your musings often did. On a rather selfish note, it's awesome to hear that you have so much to do in your latest venture at Culture Zoo! Also, if it makes you feel any better, your Uncle Joe was quite pleased and yes, even proud, when I told him you were quitting the blog scene because of the lack of time. We shall miss you much nephew, and I too, shall hang your photo proudly upon our refridgerator.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i must say that i am bummed. my visits to blogspot have become far and few between, but a new post by levi was always guarenteed to put a smile on my face. often times it would put a THOUGHTFUL smile on my face, since your posts offeredmany interesting perspectives on interesting subjects. i will certainly visit if you and sadie begin your "entertainment blog." good luck with the new job. you should put the "love always" picture on an online dating service (then again, your lovely wife may have a problem with that). thanks for all the great words! they will be missed.

3:01 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Levi - Going to miss you buddy. I hope you do that blog with Sadie.

Thanks for the laughs and the mp3s. You've introduced me to a few bands that are on my "want to buy" queue.

The Zombieslayer family will definitely hook up with you all come Spring. We all turn into coach potatoes in the Winter, but we'll be alive again when the snow melts. :)

I hope that job treats you right. Believe me, I've had my ups and downs in that industry for sure.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Levi Nunnink. Nice blog. You may want to check out stock method. It's got lots of info on stock method.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Levi Nunnink. There's an interesting site about intuition day trading at intuition day trading.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both
reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both
reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also that we would do without your remarkable phrase

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home