Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Article

Did anyone else read the article in The Union? I wish I could say that I liked it but I felt that my words were twisted beyond recognition by the overt left-wing agenda of The Union. During the entire interview the reporter kept asking me questions like, "So do you think blogging is a good way to meet people?" Etc. I'm no dummy. I clearly heard the bait in his words -- the leading, the attempts to pigeon-hole me into a stereotype!

Imagine my shock when I read paragraphs like the following: "It's a good way to focus and learn about the writing process," said Nunnink, a Grass Valley resident who designs web pages for Sutter Health in Rancho Cordova."

I ask you who know me best, would I ever say anything like that? Don't believe everything you read!



Of course I'm kidding here. I just wanted to use my one chance to blame something on a left-wing media agenda. I don't know if that opportunity will ever come by again.

It was a real treat to read the article and the reporter was a very nice guy. I enjoyed talking to him. Truthfully, I was rather honored.

I offer my sincere thanks (and apologies for the silliness above) to our hometown newspaper for giving me and some of my friends the spotlight for a bit. Thanks!

Read the entire article here.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The article was good, but I was saddened they didn't put a picture in of your beautiful face. I mean they had a little one of Sadie and a gargantua one of that other guy, couldn't they just fit a tiny one of you? Otherwise, it was a nice article.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

"I was saddened they didn't put a picture in of your beautiful face."

Geeze, Mom. I'm slightly embarassed.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good article . I know levi its getting almost sick how into you mom is. It's like she's doing all she can not to worship you. And than she tells the rest of us your not her favorite , give me a break.
: )

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I think they should have used the picture of you that you use here on culturezoo and to represent you on other blogs; same with Russ Steele. Russ has a little picture just like you do. I guess because I don't have a little picture, they wanted to put a face to the words?? Who knows. I'm just glad they called you. Also, as a rule, reporters already have this vision/direction in the their head as to how the story should go, so I imagine that a little creative construction of what we "really" said, is to be expected.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Udarnik said...

The Union and I don't get along... never really meshed. When they reported my near death experience, I became a postal carrier who lived in North San Juan... oops, wrong on both counts. Later, they photographed me and interviewed me... miraculous recovery? No mention. Satements attributed to me? Not mine. I learned that the reporters take shorthand, while a story/angle is rattling around in their heads. What finally spills out in print borders on fantasy.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not true, people, I love them all the same.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Udarnik said...

Love who, mom? The non-existent, make-believe characters in The Union'sliterary fantasy world?

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home