Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I got tagged, twice!

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry about my absence but I've been sicker than a dog. I'm feeling a bit better now and I'll use my growing strength to reply to Sadie and Zombieslayer's tags.

First, Zombieslayer's:

10 years ago... I was learning guitar and giving (lousy) guitar lessons to the people that I would soon form a band with: Eric Fassiler and Jason Powers. I had just moved into town from Noth San Jaun and I was enjoying the fact that it no longer took 30 minutes to get to my best friend's (Jonah Wells) house. I was only 12 years old and I lived and breathed music. I also had fantasies that my guitar playing skills would make me more popular with the opposite sex. *sigh*

5 years ago... The guitar skills had finally paid off and I was engaged to the love of my life. I had just proposed to her and the wedding was almost exactly 1 year away. I was getting my carrer together, taking classes at Sierra College and interning at tristream where I would eventually be hired then laid off when the dotcoms all died.

1 year ago... My little girl, Lily, had just been born. She was just about the sweetest thing I'd ever seen. Her being our second child, I was a little more prepared for what having a newborn in the house entailed. We worked it out to where my wife slept all night while I held Lily, drank pots of coffee and watched (non-scary, for the baby) movies. It was seriously one of the most-fun times of my life. I also finished the first draft of my novel right about that time.

Yesterday... Me and the wife were sicker then we'd been in years. It was tag-team barfing. This would be bad enough but the kids woke up especially energetic. Within minutes we realized that we needed re-enforcements and called my parents to babysit. Thanks, Mom.

Today... Feeling better but still out of it. Slept until noon.

5 snacks I enjoy... Grapes, trail mix, popcorn, baby carrots, pretzels.

5 songs I know all the words to... There's way too many but here's a few off the top of my head: The Treasure in You by The 77s. You Gave Your Love To Me Softly by Weezer. We Are The Champions by Queen. Golden Slumbers by The Beatles.

5 reality televisions shows I watch... I'm with Zombieslayer on this one. We don't have a TV and I think most of what's on TV is pretty bad. Whenever I watch it I feel like my inteligence and morals have been insulted. I do like watching sports though, especially basketball, specifically The Kings.

5 television shows I watch daily... The only two I can think of would be Seinfeld and The X-Files.

5 things I would do with $100 million.... 1) Not tell anybody except for my wife and my parents that I had 100 million, just so there wouldn't be that awkward "Oh, he's a multi-millionare" thing going on. I wouldn't retire either. 2) I'd set up a non-profit foundation to support our church. 3) I'd pay off our house. 4) I'd start my own business. 5) I'd leave the rest to the kids as inheritence, which would come as I surprise to them because I wouldn't have told them about the 100 million, remember.

5 locations I would love to run away to... Carmel, England, Italy, New England, The Sierra Nevada Mountains.

5 things I like doing... Talking with my wife, visiting with friends, watching the Kings win, reading to my kids, playing with my kids.

5 things I would never wear... A speedo.

5 recently seen movies I like... Hitch, Star Wars 3, Ocean's 12, Bringing Up Baby, The Life Aqautic.

5 famous people I'd like to meet... George W. Bush, Sam Salisbury (wait a second...), CS Lewis, Robert Smith, Peter Gabriel.

5 biggest joys of the moment... Working on starting my own business, watching my kids play together, listening to new music, getting home early from work.

5 people to tag. Simon, Sadie, Bo, Amber, Joe.

Sadie, I'm going to do your books tag next.

19 Comments:

Blogger Sadie Lou said...

5 things I wouldn't wear--a speedo.
That made me laugh for awhile; a long while.
Thanks for the tag. I'm really glad you're feeling better (I hope Dan doesn't get it; he played with your guitar on Sunday).
Your life, in one word, Levi: Sweet.
It's a pleasure being close with you and your family. I love you guys!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're of course, welcome. No two people I'd rather spend a day with.
Who the heck is Robert Smith?

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

The Cure? As in--A Very Famous Band That Revolutionized Music For Us Twentysomethingsandsoontobethirtysomethings.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How embariskin. I do like his music.

5:40 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Whoops. Sorry. I had no idea you were sick so didn't mean to rag on you for not updating your blog.

Comments - your novel? Is it done? What's the title?
Also, very cool you like the Kings. I sort of like them, but I'm more anti-Lakers than anything else. As for guitars meeting the babes, after shows, it was always guys who talked to me. Singers and drummers get babes. Guitarrists get other guitarrists. :(
Oh, Carmel/Big Sur are gorgeous. I don't know why I didn't put them in there and I'd never wear a Speedo either (I think people would claw their eyes out if they saw The Zombieslayer in a Speedo).

8:32 PM  
Blogger Ambular said...

"As in--A Very Famous Band That Revolutionized Music For Us Twentysomethingsandsoontobethirtysomethings." ... Sadie lets not forget that I do love very much so Robert smith and he fosho revolutionized music in my life, and I am a sixteensomething. I almost have all his albums WOO! haha. But thanks Levi for the tag. This past week I've been tryin to figure out something to write on my blog about, however, I couldnt think of anything. SO now I have something, YESSSS!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

I see a little silhuetto of a man...Scaramush, scaramush, can you do the fandango? I don't think the spelling is correct, but you get "the gist of it" (shameless plug for my site). Hey, I'm new to this blogging business. What is tagging, or being tagged? Could someone please explain? Or else I might commit the unforgivable faux pas of ignoring someone's tagging efforts.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

Tag, as in "Tag, you're it!" It's a blogging fad like a chain letter. You fill out a set of questions and post them to your blog then you end by tagging (or "passing the batton") to other people to answer the same questions.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

So did you tag me at the end of this one? I'm confused (scratching my head)...

11:21 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Yes, Simon. You're it. Although, you won't have anyone else to tag, we've all been tagged!
I'm curious to see where Simon was ten years ago...
get busy!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thunder bolts and lightening very, very frightening! Galileo! Galileo! Galileo.......
Does anyone out there know what in the heck they're saying in that next line?

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me for a bit of bragging, but I got to see them in concert. I think it was in those awesome 80's. A cool dude by the name of Billy Squire opened for them. Does anyone remember Billy?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Wow, I never really knew what a "Tag" was until i read Levi's blog. I've never been tagged but then again, i havent been doing this for too long. Thanks for all the info Levi. I think we're all on the same page now.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody tag Ian! He has a blog now.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Ian has THREE blogs. *sheesh* I'm not going to be able to keep up with all these blogs! Ian...suggestion? Pair down to one. Seriously, I want to read your blog--but between all my friends and family, I'll go over my hour that I have set aside for blogging...
*sad face*
*pleading gestures*

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Oh I get the whole separation thing--I just thought--oh nevermind.
I'm just selfish and wanted it all on one neat package.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, if I had the power to tag you, I would. But, alas, I'm too dumb to have a blog. I can barely comment. Somebody, in the name of all that's good, tag David!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in famous people you would like to meet what about J.R.R TOLKIEN?

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.lvfamed.com]Louis Vuitton Sacs[/url] Déjà missing are generally semaine dernière à Toulouse (30-22) en raison signifiant douleurs au dos, thomas Domingo luis vutton virtual assistant manquer au moins les quatre prochaines semaines de compétition. the pilier delaware Crmont s'est bssé au genou droit mercredi à l'entra^inement, Et a good solid été opéré ce jeudi. <>. C'se 'vrrle rrtre l. a,chicago troisième fois que Domingo or even louis vuitton touché au genou. Il manquera notamment la double confrontation h panes meet au Leinster. (Avec AFP)


[url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]www.hommelv2013.com[/url] Nous ne louis vuitton budget pertaining to sommes coupled with à l d bon company pis d job firm h parcuale friday customere suis essentiellement rebelle et foneur déidé il y longtemps e serais propre et e prenais es riss. ne ne companympte additionally l'ensemble des mpagnies ou été -Fondateur (m synthetic, the vrai jhiffre 3 ou 4, Selon qu considère Needium séparé delaware Praized ou non). Il y en feeling 3 ou 4 autres c a given. Je suis aussi aviseur environnant les quelques projets startups Montréal avec beaucoup potentiel, Ce sont quelques beplastic bottleselemenes opportunités contribuer et coaborer à Mais ca reste queques heures mois, Au the greatest number of.


[url=http://www.frsaclvsb.com]Sac Louis Vuitton[/url] Julien avait toujours détesté ce mot qui, Depuis toddler enfance, Symbolisait à are generally fois le suprême Idéal luis vutton et sa secrète servitude. Sacro-Sainte Pureté! Avec young man corollaire : Impureté, Mot promote aussi repoussant, Suprême interdit, Cafard delaware confessionnal - ce cabanon sordide - aveu visqueux nufactured foutre et larmes et du sang s femmes. Déformé elemen l'ordre des siècles morale catholique assimilée dans ses gènes, Julien était devenu dualiste dans l'^ame à fuesen corps défendant. Dichotomique dom naissance, Comme lv designer purses d'autres sont trisomiques. Et bien cual l'idéologie f^ut dom perte vitesse, l'ensemble des dég^ats chez lui restaient considérab. Noir et Blanc, Pur et Impur, Bien et Mal, Homme et Femme, phon était l'Univers, Essentiellement - elemen effusion.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home