Wednesday, June 01, 2005

It's that time of the year...

Ah Summer... That warm time of the year that brings barbecues, pool parties and -- of course -- the big GLENNBA marketing push to expand its already huge following.

Joe Glenn, the commissioner of the GNBA, collaborated with culturezoo to create a brand that would appeal to the always-courted demographic of dentists, radiologists and irrigation district employees.

The following brand statements were considered but ultimately abandoned:

"The GLENNBA: Joe just fixed the matchups to his advantage."

"The GLENNBA: You're mostly Christians, so forgive each other."

"The GLENNBA: Does anyone else think it's weird that the 50-year-olds are in better shape then the 20-year-olds?"

It was tough but we finally settled on a single-line brand-statement that, frankly, grave us all chills. (Okay, I wept.)

"Only in the GLENNBA."

Where can you see better half-court basketball? Double-overtime games that stretch late into the night? 8-foot-rim slam dunk contests? That's right: only in the GLENNBA!

We'd like to take this opportunity to unveil the new logo. Hopefully, this will be a mark synonymous with the Jerry West NBA logo, the Olympic symbol and even The American Flag itself!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ambular said...

I've heard of these basketball tournaments at the Glenns. Man, I was even invited to one...but unfortunately I had to miss it. I didn't know you guys went all out on these, that is so awesome!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

That was cool. *laughing* GLENNBA...heh. Sweet. I'm really bummed I missed it. I was all set to go and then Dan had to spoil it by planning a wonderful evening for my birthday; what a creep.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was awesome, the ref had a real whistle and everything.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

Hi Ambular. Welcome to our little group.

By the way, the GLENNBA ref was amazingly awesome!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

Hey Levi:

Well, I've gone and done it. I have broken down and signed up for a blog space of my own. It was the prospect of fame that drew me, like the hapless moth to the halogen lamp. I'd love to be a part of your "in crowd"; can you give me some pointers how to be cool as you in cyberspace? My space is simonsgist.blogspot.com . Give me a shout back if you get this. Is this thing on? Hello?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

By the way, in my naivete and excitement I forgot to tell you who this was. You can stop scratching your head now: it's Simon Kerbel, your friend and mine.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home