Monday, June 20, 2005

Sharing the love...

The blossoming of blogs like flowers in the springtime (metaphorical, eh?) has become hard to keep up with. I feel even worse that I rarely have time to comment on their wonderful writings. Therefore I thought I'd quickly post a few links to some great blogs that I know everyone here will love.

A Day in the Life of Amber
It's almost terrifying how prolific Amber is. And it's not writing lame "I just saw Star Wars for the 5th time..." posts (don't you hate blogs like that?), there's some really interesting and thoughtful stuff here. She's also got great taste in music.


The Gist Of It
I've already plugged this one, but it deserves a second round. Browsing Simon's blog is, again, intimidating. Where do these people get their deep thoughts and content? Good reading here.

The Zombieslyer
Are you prepared for the upcoming Zombie invasion? I didn't think so. You'd better head over Zombieslayer's great blog to get your Zombie-slaying skills up-to-date. In addition, if you're sick of Left-Wing VS Right-Wing political blogging, you'll find some refreshing opinions. Not to mention a zombie-sized hoard of other great writing.

Do You Know The Muffin Man?
This one came out of the blue. Who knew that David Floyd was such a good writer? The posts range from introspective to fun. This one definitely deserves your time.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Levi. I'm so glad you gave everyone a "heads up". I've been enjoying these blogs too. Now if only we could get the Walkman to start one!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

I don't know. A Walker blog might be too good... :)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Keeping up with blogs is hard. I devote exactly one solid hour in the morning (while my kids eat breakfast, watch one cartoon show and shower)to update my own blog and then browse the blogs of others. I actually have an order in which I browse:
1. culturezoo--Levi and I are so alike in our our tastes that it's kinda spooky.
2. Zombieslayer--I like to keep updated on Zombie's political rants and ongoing list of "hot babes".
3. Average Joe--even though he doesn't post as often as the aforementioned, I still check with wishful thinking. When there's something new--I get all excited!
4. PietyHill Press--same thing as Joe; not updated on a daily basis, but sometimes the comments are fresh.
5. The Gist of It-- Even though 'Foolish Man' is new, Simon's perspective on things is always entertaining or thought provoking.
6. Cheese is Moldy Milk (Shawn's blog)/ Jo-Anne's blog and Modigli are the only ones outside our tight blogring that I check every day. I just enjoy having that link to the outside world and getting their feedback on my blog as well.
7. Amber & David's blogs-- newcomers are always hard to break in but I have found that both of their blogs are enticing enough to make return visits. Amber's blog is fun because she reminds me a little of myself when I was her age. David's blog is just so random that it's delightfully entertaining. Keep posting!
Lastly, I find time to update. I check back periodically to moderate the comments and make sure they're 'clean'. It's tough to stay plugged in when you're busy; but blogging is just so theraputic to me and I see great returns in the future for my blog--I'd like to someday have a Firefly Gifts website to link to Sadico Junction!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Levi Nunnink said...

Good reviews, Sadie.

By the way, we should talk about that Firefly Gifts website...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Yes--we should. I mentioned it to Joe on Sat. I would want to get one going ASAP but I have a baby on the way and I can't conduct business for at least a few months after that. However, my lamp making is not very time consuming and I could fill orders when the kids are in school and the baby is napping--so I still would like to get started.
Send me an email and let me know when we could chat--have your people contact my people! (although, I don't let them answer the phone)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ambular said...

Thanks Levi and Sadie! I enjoy reading your guy's blogs also.

2:21 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Thanks for the love, Levi. I owe you one. :D

12:57 AM  
Blogger Sadie Lou said...

You've been tagged by Sadico Junction, Levi.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

What can I say Levi, but wow!!! Two plugs? Anymore and it'll be a power strip. By the way, Lev, since we're being honest and open...yours is the blog that encouraged me to start my own! That and my intense boredom...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home